This banner was made by ReiClone88. 
Oekaki Ventrilo Downloads Radio IRC Nigra Navi v5
Nigrapedia AAC Patriotic Nigras
Nerdfit 4chan /b/

If you see this, your browser fails. Try upgrading. The icecast status script can be found here: Nerdfit Radio Status

Organized Raids vs Impromptu Disruptions

This forum is locked: you cannot make, reply to, or edit pools.   This pool is closed: you cannot edit AIDS or make replies.    Pool's Closed Forum Index -> Afro Pick
View previous pool :: View next pool  
knewpoht
Warnings : 1

AIDS: 6
AIDS Rank: Orochi
Pools: 3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:38 pm    AIDS subject: Organized Raids vs Impromptu Disruptions Reply with quote

MODS: My apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum.

I was toying with the idea of trying to set up a raid for St. Patrick's Day on the UK server along with some sort of green theme for the event.

However, after lurking some moar on the wiki, ED, and some archived threads on [name removed due to Rules 1 and 2], it seems that organized raids are now frowned upon aside from the annual anniversary of the 2006 raid, and even that seems to be done more for nostalgia purposes than lulz.

I see though that I am not alone in creating impromptu pool closings on servers outside of the US.

So, are organized raids pretty much dead and only impromptu closings occur?  If not, is it here or on the place not to be mentioned that organization takes place?
View nigra's profile Send private message
Afroduck

GOD OF ALL THAT IS LOLI

AIDS: 2707
AIDS Rank: UltraNigger
Pools: 159

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:15 pm    AIDS subject: Reply with quote

Organized raids are still fine. The hueg server-crippling raids of the past are not really possible any more due to lack of widespread interest. Even if the numbers could be gathered there's too many newfags to get things done rite. The planning and organization for those raids becomes harder every year  yet the numbers still decrease so after 7/12/08 the epic raids were officially done.

Virtually all organized raids are coordinated through here. Propose them in Habbo Planning though.

http://www.lolispin.com
http://www.suiseiseki.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbM-RuZVqys

City of Afrolulz:
http://afrolulz.myminicity.com
BRILLAFRO PADZ!

Rick Santorum wrote:
Nobody hates Rick and gets away with it.
NOBODY. I AM NOT INSECURE. SHUT THE FUCK UP.  Emo  Emo  Emo

"would you like to tell the judge that we made a giant floating peenus on your pretend video game lawn?"

HOLY SHIT!
LOOK AT THIS FUCKING GARBAGE CAN!
THIS FUCKING GARBAGE CAN IS OFF THE DAMN CHARTS! JESUS CHRIST!
I'M TAKING THIS FUCKER BACK INTO MY ROOM.

Nyro~n
View nigra's profile Send private message AIM Address
xBLOODYxEMOxVAMPIRExTEARS

EDWARD CULLEN'S WIFEY

AIDS: 3543
AIDS Rank: I closed MOD-Cleo's pool
Pools: 227

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:56 am    AIDS subject: Reply with quote

On a whim attacks are much harder to predict and thus hit so much harder.

I love the cock, please firmly place your hot throbbing cock into my rectum and slide it in and out until you ejaculate into my butthole.

FurNation FTW!!

CURRENT RULER OF THE MATORAN UNIVERSE
View nigra's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Joey Bishop
Warnings : 12

AIDS: 810
AIDS Rank: Martin Luther King Jr.
Pools: 86

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:40 am    AIDS subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, I must admit, this newfag isn't a faggot. Well done.

As far as official raids go, as afroduck said, they are done. It's an old meme no one cares about anymore.

This forum is now mostly a small group of guys(one of whom has tits) that sit around posting retarded stuff we find, and circlejerking.

Eventually, the site will be archived and retired and that will be the end of that.

On occasion, one of us will do something especially lulzy and post it here.

If you really want a good raid, get some friends who enjoy mischief, and pick a target. While many of us are busy with life now(work, college), we can always offer tips. Also, pics or it didn't happen.
Warnings : 1

AIDS: 6
AIDS Rank: Orochi
Pools: 3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:46 am    AIDS subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback on this.  Much appreciated.  I was toying with not bothering to post for fear of being b& ("when in doubt lurk moar!") but when you see conflicting information you might as well ask.  Given this information I think I'll forego trying to propose/coordinate a raid.

Whenever I had some free time (which is more often now thanks to the shit economy) I liked to read through the entries in ED.  Once I followed enough threads in the tapestry of ED and got a good understanding of "the tao of lulz", it made subsequent entries I read that much more enjoyable and the various Habbo entries made me wish I had started reading 2-3 years earlier.  The articles about past Habbo raids are so well done and transmit the lulz of those moments so well I completely understand why so many new people want their own orgasmic moment of epic lulz courtesy of Habbo.  The reality is the elements that made the 2006 and 2007 raids so epic were unique to those respective instances in time.

Oh well, I still get some lulz out of my own impromptu visits especially when enough other people happen to be there to close the pool.  If it brings lulz to me without violating the basic rules of trolling thats all that counts I suppose.

TL;DR - I'll stick with impromptu visits/raids and go back to lurking here.  If I find something that fits whats going on here, I'll contribute.
View nigra's profile Send private message
ReiClone88

Seoulja Boy 서울자 보여

AIDS: 4460
AIDS Rank: Royal Knight of Afroduck
Pools: 179

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:50 am    AIDS subject: Reply with quote

knewpoht wrote:
Thanks for the feedback on this.
This forum is locked: you cannot make, reply to, or edit pools.   This pool is closed: you cannot edit AIDS or make replies.    Pool's Closed Forum Index -> Afro Pick All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You cannot make new pools in this forum
You cannot reply to pools in this forum
You cannot edit your AIDS in this forum
You cannot delete your AIDS in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Monies help keep the pool closed.